Given the technically specialised and relationship-based nature of our advisory work, most of our work is delivered by our core team of staff and close associates. We do not manage databases of consultants. We are growing and keen to hear from talented people. Our mantra is that there’s always an opportunity for the right person!
We need people who share our objectives in development to help us do more of it. As an employee of Springfield you will eventually be involved in all aspects of our consulting, research, and training.
Collectively, our analysis, our services and our strategy all develop through discussion within the team. We are always interested to hear from people who share our commitment and who can add to our distinctive service offer. If you would like to be considered for any consultant opportunities that may become available, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-EEA applicants must have the right to work in the UK in accordance with the Home Office procedures.).
In particular, we look for people who:
- Have post-degree consulting experience gained in developing countries in established and frontier areas of market systems development such as: agricultural value chains; financial sector development; policy/regulatory reform; impact evaluation; education and health; water and sanitation
- Have good writing and communication skills and a capacity for critical analysis
- Are team players, who enjoy an informal yet dynamic working environment and happy to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Are resourceful, adaptable, accountable and capable of showing initiative in building new areas of work
- Are willing and able to be based in the north east of England
- May well be frustrated with development’s many failings but committed to making a difference!
Opportunities with Swisscontact
With around 1,100 employees, Swisscontact is active in 36 countries, with a Head Office in Zurich, Switzerland. Motivated and productive employees with initiative constitute the most important success factor in all areas of their work. They count on motivated individuals who are looking to the future, impact- and team-oriented, and want to work in international development cooperation.
If you’d be interested in joining the Swisscontact family, please click the link below to see details of all current vacancies and opportunities.