Given the technically specialised and relationship-based nature of our advisory work, most of our work is delivered by our core team of staff and close associates. We do not manage databases of consultants. We are growing and keen to hear from talented people. Our mantra is that there’s always an opportunity for the right person!
We need people who share our objectives in development to help us do more of it. As an employee of Springfield you will eventually be involved in all aspects of our consulting, research, and training.
Collectively, our analysis, our services and our strategy all develop through discussion within the team. We are always interested to hear from people who share our commitment and who can add to our distinctive service offer.
If you would like to be considered for any consultant opportunities that may become available, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
(Non-EEA applicants must have the right to work in the UK in accordance with the Home Office procedures.).
In particular, we look for people who:
- Have post-degree consulting experience gained in developing countries in established and frontier areas of market systems development such as: agricultural value chains; financial sector development; policy/regulatory reform; impact evaluation; education and health; water and sanitation
- Have good writing and communication skills and a capacity for critical analysis
- Are team players, who enjoy an informal yet dynamic working environment and are happy to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Are resourceful, adaptable, accountable and capable of showing initiative in building new areas of work
- Are willing and able to be based in the north east of England
- May well be frustrated with development’s many failings but are committed to making a difference!
We are delighted to bring you details of an opportunity to work with Swisscontact and Springfield.
At Swisscontact, we champion a culture of innovation and collaboration, empowering our team members to make a real impact in the world of development policy and practice. As an Advisor in the newly established Inclusive Economic Development team, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our organization and the communities we serve.
Join our dynamic, ambitious team and seize the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects that drive meaningful change. You’ll be part of an environment that nurtures professional growth, values knowledge sharing, and fosters a strong sense of purpose.
Advisor Inclusive Economic Development
Place of work: Zurich, Switzerland / Global
Candidates with residency in one of our countries of operation or Switzerland/GB are preferred.
- Oversee the assignment of technical staff to deliver exceptional advisory, research, and training services to a diverse clientele
- Cultivate a dynamic team environment that fosters growth, mentorship, and thought leadership
- Encourage adaptability within the team to efficiently address various technical requirements
- Manage project budgets and resources effectively, ensuring timely and accurate reporting
- Prioritize high-quality project outcomes that exceed client and stakeholder expectations
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with stakeholders, opening doors to new opportunities
- Communicate regularly with the Head of Inclusive Economic & Systems Development on team progress and achievements
- Engage in exciting projects spanning trade, tourism, enterprise development, and more
- Empower Swisscontact staff through targeted capacity-building measures in relevant areas
- Take on leadership roles in external projects, showcasing your expertise and experience
- Collaborate with external organizations to broaden our knowledge and stay ahead of industry trends
- Pursue thought leadership opportunities that showcase your expertise in Inclusive Economic Development
- Work closely with the communication team to enhance the organization’s external presence and reputation
- Degree(s) from a reputable institution, showcasing critical thinking and research abilities
- 10 years’ experience in roles such as technical advisor, business developer, and researcher, with at least 5 years as a technical team leader or lead consultant
- Familiarity with systemic change and market systems development methodologies
- Proven ability in coaching, technical training, and engaging with the international aid community
- Experience in two or more thematic areas (Entrepreneurial Ecosytems; Trade Promotion & Facilitation; SME development; Local/Regional Economic Development; Sustainable Tourism)
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and implementing advisory strategies tailored to diverse client needs
- Experience in developing and delivering customized training programs to enhance project outcomes
- Track record of successful research initiatives that inform and support project goals
- Proficiency in adapting and integrating new methodologies and best practices into advisory, training, and research activities
- Strong collaboration skills to foster productive partnerships between clients, stakeholders, and project teams
- Capacity to analyse and evaluate project results for continuous improvement in advisory, training, and research services
- Skilled in writing competitive proposals, identifying expert resources, and building client relationships
- Proficiency in budgeting, resource management, and performance management for projects
- Strong communication skills for presentations, webinars, and promotional materials
- Fluency in English; proficiency in German, French, and/or Spanish is a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 120 days per year for assignments
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organization culture: mutual respect, trust, and teamwork.
If you’re an experienced, highly motivated, and client-focused professional with a passion for inclusive economic development, we’d love to have you on board.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents in English: letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, diplomas and references.
Application deadline: 28th May 2023