We are delighted to bring you details of an opportunity to work with Swisscontact and Springfield.
At Swisscontact, we champion a culture of innovation and collaboration, empowering our team members to make a real impact in the world of development policy and practice. As an Advisor in the newly established Inclusive Economic Development team, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our organization and the communities we serve.
Join our dynamic, ambitious team and seize the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects that drive meaningful change. You’ll be part of an environment that nurtures professional growth, values knowledge sharing, and fosters a strong sense of purpose.
Advisor Inclusive Economic Development
Place of work: Zurich, Switzerland / Global
Candidates with residency in one of our countries of operation or Switzerland/GB are preferred.
- Oversee the assignment of technical staff to deliver exceptional advisory, research, and training services to a diverse clientele
- Cultivate a dynamic team environment that fosters growth, mentorship, and thought leadership
- Encourage adaptability within the team to efficiently address various technical requirements
- Manage project budgets and resources effectively, ensuring timely and accurate reporting
- Prioritize high-quality project outcomes that exceed client and stakeholder expectations
- Develop and maintain robust relationships with stakeholders, opening doors to new opportunities
- Communicate regularly with the Head of Inclusive Economic & Systems Development on team progress and achievements
- Engage in exciting projects spanning trade, tourism, enterprise development, and more
- Empower Swisscontact staff through targeted capacity-building measures in relevant areas
- Take on leadership roles in external projects, showcasing your expertise and experience
- Collaborate with external organizations to broaden our knowledge and stay ahead of industry trends
- Pursue thought leadership opportunities that showcase your expertise in Inclusive Economic Development
- Work closely with the communication team to enhance the organization’s external presence and reputation
- Degree(s) from a reputable institution, showcasing critical thinking and research abilities
- 10 years’ experience in roles such as technical advisor, business developer, and researcher, with at least 5 years as a technical team leader or lead consultant
- Familiarity with systemic change and market systems development methodologies
- Proven ability in coaching, technical training, and engaging with the international aid community
- Experience in two or more thematic areas (Entrepreneurial Ecosytems; Trade Promotion & Facilitation; SME development; Local/Regional Economic Development; Sustainable Tourism)
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and implementing advisory strategies tailored to diverse client needs
- Experience in developing and delivering customized training programs to enhance project outcomes
- Track record of successful research initiatives that inform and support project goals
- Proficiency in adapting and integrating new methodologies and best practices into advisory, training, and research activities
- Strong collaboration skills to foster productive partnerships between clients, stakeholders, and project teams
- Capacity to analyse and evaluate project results for continuous improvement in advisory, training, and research services
- Skilled in writing competitive proposals, identifying expert resources, and building client relationships
- Proficiency in budgeting, resource management, and performance management for projects
- Strong communication skills for presentations, webinars, and promotional materials
- Fluency in English; proficiency in German, French, and/or Spanish is a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 120 days per year for assignments
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organization culture: mutual respect, trust, and teamwork.
If you’re an experienced, highly motivated, and client-focused professional with a passion for inclusive economic development, we’d love to have you on board.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents in English: letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, diplomas and references.
Application deadline: 28th May 2023